Wednesday, February 17, 2010

type

I had a dream last night, I don't remember much of it but I think I'm supposed to learn something from it.

I only remember this one line from this girl with a pony tail, I don't remember what we were talking about, I don't remember what she was referring to,
but she said:
That's because you still think that there are "types" of people.

for all this time since I started to have self exploration and discovery, I thought I was pretty open minded person, but now that I think back, I think it is true that I still generalize others, I still draw lines, build boxes and put these people in them, including myself.






I don't know, maybe I've been trying to find my soul mates or those so called missing pieces of myself, somewhere along the line I start to group people into types that are "like me" or "not like me". and generalize them into different types, and sometimes when a person reveals a characteristic of some sort that reminds me of another person's characteristic, I'll make assumptions that they are the same type of people and therefore might hurt me the same way or just deal with things a certain way.

well it is true, all these horoscope readers, sociologist, scientist, psychologist..ect. are trying to find patterns and similarities among us people, because that is just easier and it is true that human have very similar experiences and feelings sometimes cuz, of course, we live in the same world.

I think in order to be open minded I need to be able to see through these boxes and lines, and get rid of all these concepts of types and really be an "expeiencer" to enjoy and experience this colorful world that is full of just special souls.

so yes thank you unknown lady in the dream.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone will get rid of those lines or boxes completely but to work around them and maybe define them as something else, like a circle. That made me think of a telescope for some reason. But yea the reason you can't get rid of them is because everyone else is defining you. Unlike trees they do not see themselves as types they just exist together and do not judge each other on which is a better tree. That sounds kinda dumb talking like trees have feelings but whatever. Being more accepting of other people is always nice :p THERE, I POSTED AND SAID SOMETHING OF VALUE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn this shit is deep, but yeah it's hard not to put things in categories. It is however possible, the easiest way of course is being able to break things down and start by separating just like we all do when we put other beings in "types". Sure there are nerds, jocks,barbarians, fish, elephants, and Sylvester Stallone, but if you start to separate even this short list you can categorize them. Nerds, jocks, barbarians, and Sylvester Stallone are all human, but fish and elephants are animals so we would essentially gang up against them cause we are human. Look a little closer though and the entire list are living beings. So acceptance in my eyes comes by describing or observing more vaguely. As soon as you look for a difference or get more detailed in your observations you're making a "Type". It is only "human" to do this though it is in our genetic history to judge others and it's not going to end, but as jonny boy said before me there is nothing wrong with being more accepting. Kindness goes a long way

    ReplyDelete
  3. guys!! yeah man... JUSTIN, yeah that analysis was some true story, It is only human that we'd do that and i mean it ain't wrong to categorize, but having the appreciation of knowing each being is unique would take me far. thx for the comments! AND YES JOHN! U DID IT it is something of value indeed :-):-):-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i totally know what you are talking about, and i feel the same. i still put people in boxes, give them label, but now i am stronger and smarter(hopefully) not to get hurt and hurt someone. i think it's ok to do that, we did that in order to protect ourselves like you said.

    anyways, i don't have big theory for you, i just wanna say i hear you, you are not alone on this one.

    by joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank u joyce, it means the world to me! to be heard! really... thank you :-D
    and ps. I love our little deep conversations abt life, hehe come and have tea and talk more!

    ReplyDelete